Renewable Energy Sources: Energy Trends Shaping the Future
Nowadays the talk of the town is the various ‘Renewable Energy Sources’. But have you ever thought why renewable energy sources are becoming so important than ever before and why big automobile companies are spending millions in testing various sources of renewable energy? With global pandemic and lockdown being imposed we all saw that how the greenhouse gases were reduced significantly. This clearly shows that we need to replace our non-renewable energy sources with renewable energy sources as soon as possible. But let me tell you what renewable energy is, renewable energy often called as clean energy as it comes from the natural sources, like solar energy, wind energy, geothermal energy, and hydroelectric energy to name some. It is called as clean energy as it creates very less pollution or no pollution at all.
Initiatives taken by different countries
- United States: The United States energy information Administration (EIA) showed that in 2020, the nation generated 40% of its power with non-fossil fuel sources. The figure is significantly up from just five years prior when renewable energy sources fueled less than 20% of U.S. energy consumption.
- India: With every passing year India tries to achieve something remarkable in terms of renewable energy. It is one of those countries where a large portion of energy requirements is achieved by renewable energy. As of 2020 38% of India’s installed electricity generation capacity is from renewable sources (136 GW out of 373 GW). In the Paris agreement India has committed to an Intend Nationally Determined Contributions target of achieving 40% of its total electricity generation from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030.
- European Union: Share of European Union in the renewable energy was 8.5% in 2004 which increased to 18% in 2018. Its goal was to reach 20% till 2020 and at least 32% by 2030. In Iceland renewable energy provides almost 100% of electricity production, with about 73% coming from hydropower and 27% from geothermal power.
- Canada: It is second largest producer of hydroelectricity in the world.In Canada renewable energy sources currently provide about 18.9% of its total primary energy supply. In Canada moving water is the most important renewable energy source. It provides about 59.3% of Canada’s electricity generation.
- Australia: In the year 2019 21% of the total electricity was from renewable energy sources. It includes 7% of solar and wind energy each and 5% of hydropower energy. In Australia, the main source of energy is hydropower. As most of the electricity is derived from it.
Why Should you use renewable energy source?
- Slow/reverse climate change: Remember how you complained that summers arrived a bit early, or winter was too long or how it did not rain at all last year. All of this is due to the rapid climate change. According to a report published by World Health Organization (WHO) between 2030-50 climate change is expected to cause approximately 250,000 additional deaths per year. According to an estimate the direct damage costs to health is estimated to be between USD 2-4 billion /year by 2030. These reports might look scary in first glance but once we replace our limited sources of fossil fuel with the renewable energy it is possible to an extent that we can reduce the effects of global warming and climate change which mainly occurs due to emission of fossil fuel.
- Minimize Fossil Fuel Dependency: According to a report if we keep using our fossil fuels in current rate then we can use it only for next 53 years. But we all know that with every passing year there is increase in population, which means more use of fossil fuels. So, what will we use for transportation? How will we generate electricity? The only answer is by renewable energy sources. So, why to increase more pollution and wait till the D-day. It is better that we start as soon as possible because its already too late to reverse the damage that we have caused to this environment.
- Better Health: The corona virus pandemic has taught us that a healthy body and mind is the only thing that matters at the end of the day. We all know that inhaling pollutants on an everyday basis is not going to benefit your body in anyway. Due to increase in pollution the very air we breathe is growing dangerously polluted, according to a report 9 out of 10 people breath polluted air, which ultimately kills 7 million people every year. But when you opt for renewable sources of energy you are not only saving yourself but also the environment
- Renewable Energy Production will rebound
- Due to reliability, geothermal energy will gain popularity
- Upcoming innovations will surely revolve around biofuel
- Automobile industry will look forward towards the new innovations related to the renewable energy which can completely reshape the industry and electrical vehicles is surely one of them.
Though various countries have committed to lower the fossil fuel emission in the coming years increase the use of clean energy as much as possible, but its surely not enough. Every person must take some steps for same, various industries should find innovate ways to find an alternative and work towards its rapidly. Though the change has already started but its slow. Only together we can make sure how to make this world a better and healthier place to live.
Author: Tinku Rai
For more detail Contact:
UnivDatos Market Insights
C80B, Sector-8, Noida,
Uttar Pradesh 201301
For Sales related query, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org