Latin America 3D Printing Market: Current Analysis and Forecast (2018-2024)
$3999 – $7577
Emphasis on Component ((Product (Professional/Industrial Printer, Personal/Desktop 3D Printers), Material (Polymer, Plastic, Metals and Alloys, Ceramic, Other Materials), Technology ( Stereolithography, Selective Laser Sintering, Electron Beam Melting, Fused Deposition Modelling, Laminated object Manufacturing, Other Technologies))
Since technology has advanced considerably at a surprising rate in the last few decades, Latin America is also advancing in this segment and has been successful in displaying pleasantry growth over the last few years wherein United Nations Industrial Development Organization is support the country to exploit this potential. Although 3D printing is slowly gaining traction in Latin America and is at the nascent stage, the country showcases ample opportunities in health care sector specifically in bio printing. Bio printing is characterized by simple scanning a part of body and 3D printer can create an organ out of bio ink and can be transplanted into the human body.
The market for additive manufacturing in Latin America has bolstered considerably majorly attributed to gradual expansion of 3D printing owing to surging investments by 3D market. Latin America 3D Printing market was evaluated at US 307.6 million in 2017 and is anticipated to reah US XX million by 2024 displaying exponential CAGR of XX% during the forecasted period. With 3D printing becoming the part of industrial production process, small chunk of 3D players have showcased their interest in the region and purposes to set up 3D shops and explore investment opportunities in South American marketplace. With 3D printing becoming the part of industrial production process, small chunk of 3D players have showcased their interest in the region and purposes to set up 3D shops and explore investment opportunities in South American marketplace. However, high cost involved in terms of 3D printers, political and economic crisis and skill shortage act impeding factors in the growth potential of Latin America 3D printing market. Rising need for skilled employees across the additive manufacturing industry has become one of the major concern in the country while painful transitions from economic prosperity are hampering the prospects for 3D printing market in the country.
Insights Presented in the Report:
- The report analyses 3D Printing market report majorly based on component, technology, applications and end users. Products, materials and services are the major components considered in the deep analysis of the 3D printing industry.
- Product segment is further classified into professional printers and desktop printers. Product segment is expected to register fastest growth, owing to increasing demand for desktop 3D printers over the period of time although industrial printers is projected to continue to display its dominance till 2024.
- Latin America 3D printing material market is further divided into different material types including polymer, plastic, metal and alloys, ceramics and others materials. In 2017, polymer segment dominated the Latin America 3D printing material type market as they represent greatest penetration and user accessibility in 3D printing.
- Stereolithography, Selective Laser Sintering, Electron Beam Melting, Fused deposition modeling, Laminated object Manufacturing and Others are the major technologies considered while analyzing the regional 3D printing market. Fused Deposition Modelling, Selective Laser Sintering and Stereolithography constitute as the topmost technologies in 3D printing. Fused Deposition Modelling occupied the prominent share in 2017 as it is one of the prominent and user friendly technology that is widely used to create 3D printed objects.
- Based on application type, Latin America 3D printing market is bifurcated into functional parts, fit and assembly, prototype modelling, education, metal casting, Visual Aids, Presentation Modelling and other applications. Functional parts captured maximum share during 2017 owing to its fast speed, quality and low cost of additive manufacturing.
- Furthermore, 3D printing techniques find its major application in verticals such as education, automotive, aerospace & defense, healthcare, consumer goods, manufacturing, construction and others. Manufacturing sector dominated 3D printing landscape during 2017 owing to bolstering digitalization wherein 3D printing solutions have paved way for manufacturing companies.
- For better understanding of the geographical penetration of 3D printing market in Latin America, the market is analyzed based on its outreach in the countries such as Brazil, Argentina, Chile and rest of Latin America. Brazil captures the major share in Latin America 3D printing primarily owing to growing acceptance of the technique among various industry verticals such as automotive, aerospace and defense and other verticals.
- The report also highlights few prominent players operating in the 3D Printing market of Latin America region. Key companies profiled in the report include 3D Systems Corporation, Arcam AB, Royal DSM N.V., Stratasys Ltd., Autodesk, Inc., The ExOne Company, Hoganas AB, Organovo Holdings, Inc, Mcor Technologies Limited and Voxeljet AG. Apart from the respective global players, Timaker, constitutes to the be the leader in terms of sales in 3D printing in the region which offers wide spectrum of services ranging from manufacture of own 3D printers, materials and other related services.
Reasons to buy the Report:
- The study includes market sizing and forecasting analysis validated by authenticated key industry experts
- The report presents a quick review of overall industry performance at one glance
- The report covers in depth analysis of prominent industry peers with primary focus on key business financials, product portfolio, expansion strategies and recent developments
- Detailed examination on drivers, restraints, key trends and opportunities prevailing in the industry.
- Examination of industry attractiveness with the help of Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The study comprehensively covers the market across different segments
- Deep dive regional level analysis of the industry
The Latin America 3D Printing Market can be customized to the country level or any other market segment. Besides this, UMI understands that you may have your own business need, hence we also provide fully customized solutions to clients.
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise
|1.2||Objective of the Study|
|1.5||Currency used in the Report|
|2.1.1||Key Secondary Sources|
|2.2.1||Sampling Techniques & Data Collection Methods|
|2.3||Supply Side & Demand Side Analysis|
|18.104.22.168||Gradual Expansion Via Investments by 3D Players|
|22.214.171.124||Impact analysis of Market Drivers|
|126.96.36.199||3D Printing held back by High Cost|
|188.8.131.52||Limited Resource Pool in 3D Printing|
|184.108.40.206||Political and Economic Crisis|
|5.2.3||Opportunities in the Market|
|220.127.116.11||Transformation of Shanty Towns|
|18.104.22.168||Booming Concept of Orthodontics|
|22.214.171.124||Personal/Desktop 3D Printers|
|126.96.36.199||Metals and Alloys|
|188.8.131.52||Custom Design and Manufacturing|
|184.108.40.206||After Sales Service|
|7.1.2||Selective Laser Sintering|
|7.1.3||Electron Beam Melting|
|7.1.4||Fused Deposition Modelling|
|7.1.5||Laminated object Manufacturing|
|7.1.3||Fit & Assembly|
|7.1.6||Functional Parts Production|
|9.1.3||Aerospace & Defence Industry|
|9.1.5||Consumer Goods Industry|
|10.2||Latin America 3D Printing Market Insights|
|10.2.1||Latin America Market, by Component|
|10.2.2||Latin America Product Component Market, by Printer Type|
|10.2.3||Latin America Material Component Market by Material Type|
|10.2.4||Latin America Market by Technology|
|10.2.5||Latin America Market by Application|
|10.2.6||Latin America Market by End-User Industry|
|10.2.7||Latin America Market by Country|
|10.2.7.1||Brazil 3D Printing Market Insights|
|10.2.7.1.1||Brazil Market, by Component|
|10.2.7.1.2||Brazil Product Component Market, by Printer Type|
|10.2.7.1.3||Brazil Material Component Market by Material Type|
|10.2.7.1.4||Brazil Market by Technology|
|10.2.7.1.5||Brazil Market by Application|
|10.2.7.1.6||Brazil Market by End-User Industry|
|10.2.7.2||Argentina 3D Printing Market Insights|
|10.2.7.2.1||Argentina Market, by Component|
|10.2.7.2.2||Argentina Product Component Market, by Printer Type|
|10.2.7.2.3||Argentina Material Component Market by Material Type|
|10.2.7.2.4||Argentina Market by Technology|
|10.2.7.2.5||Argentina Market by Application|
|10.2.7.2.6||Argentina Market by End-User Industry|
|10.2.7.3||Chile 3D Printing Market Insights|
|10.2.7.3.1||Chile Market, by Component|
|10.2.7.3.2||Chile Product Component Market, by Printer Type|
|10.2.7.3.3||Chile Material Component Market by Material Type|
|10.2.7.3.4||Chile Market by Technology|
|10.2.7.3.5||Chile Market by Application|
|10.2.7.3.6||Chile Market by End-User Industry|
|10.2.7.4||Rest of Latin America Market, by Component|
|10.2.7.4.1||Rest of Latin America Market, by Component|
|10.2.7.4.2||Rest of Latin America Product Component Market, by Printer Type|
|10.2.7.4.3||Rest of Latin America Material Component Market by Material Type|
|10.2.7.4.4||Rest of Latin America Market by Technology|
|10.2.7.4.5||Rest of Latin America Market by Application|
|10.2.7.4.6||Rest of Latin America Market by End-User Industry|
|11.1||Latin America 3D Printing Market Share of Major Players, 2017|
|12.1||3D SYSTEMS CORPORATION|
|12.1.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|220.127.116.11||Revenue Split by Region|
|12.2.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|18.104.22.168||Revenue Split by Region|
|12.3||ROYAL DSM N.V.|
|12.3.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|22.214.171.124||Revenue Split by Region|
|126.96.36.199||Revenue Split by Products|
|12.4.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|188.8.131.52||Revenue Split by Region|
|12.5.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|184.108.40.206||Revenue Split by Region|
|12.6||THE EXONE COMPANY|
|12.6.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|220.127.116.11||Revenue Split by Region|
|12.7.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|12.8||ORGANOVO HOLDINGS INC|
|12.8.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|12.9||MCOR TECHNOLOGIES LTD|
|12.9.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|12.10.3||Key Product/Services Offerings|
|18.104.22.168||Revenue Split by Region|
|22.214.171.124||Revenue Split by Business Division|
Analysing historical market, estimation of the current market and forecasting the future market for Latin American 3D Printing market were the three major steps undertaken to create and analyse the overall adoption of 3D Printing in major Latin American countries. Exhaustive secondary research was conducted to collect the historical market of the product/technology and overall estimation of the current market. Secondly, to validate these insights, numerous findings and assumptions were taken into consideration. Moreover, exhaustive primary interviews were conducted with industry experts across value chain of the Latin American 3D printing market. After all assumption, market engineering and validation of market numbers through primary interviews, top-down approach was employed to forecast the market size of 3D Printing in the Latin American region to 2024. Thereafter, market breakdown and data triangulation methods were adopted to estimate and analyse the market size of segments and sub-segments of the market. Detailed research methodology is explained below:
Analysis of Historical Market Size
Step 1: In-Depth Study of Secondary Sources:
Detail secondary study was conducted to obtain the historical market size of the Latin America 3D Printing market through company internal sources such as annual report & financial statements of top players, performance presentations, press releases, sales figures etc. and external sources including journals, news & articles, government publications, competitor publications, sector reports, third-party database and other creditable publications.
Step 2: Market Segmentation:
After obtaining historical market size of the overall market, detailed secondary analysis was conducted to gather historical market insights and share for different segments & sub-segments for the Latin America 3D Printing market. Major segments included in the report are component, technology, application and end-user.
Step 3: Factor Analysis:
After acquiring the historical market size of different segments and sub-segments, detailed factor analysis was conducted to estimate the current market size of the Latin America 3D Printing market. Factor analysis was conducted using dependent and independent variable such as purchasing power, player initiatives, penetration of 3D printing, government regulations in major Latin American countries. Historical trends of the 3D Printing technology and their year-on-year impact on the market size and share in the recent past were analyzed. Demand and supply side scenario was also thoroughly studied.
Current Market Size Estimate & Forecast
Current Market Sizing: Based on actionable insights from the above 3 steps, we arrived at current market size, key players in market, market share of these players, industry’s supply chain, and value chain of the industry. All the required percentage shares, splits, and market breakdowns were determined using the above-mentioned secondary approach and were verified through primary interviews.
Estimation & Forecasting: For market estimation and forecast, weightage was assigned to different factors including drivers & trends, restraints, and opportunities available in the market. After analyzing these factors, relevant forecasting techniques i.e. Bottom-up/Top-down was applied to arrive at the market forecast pertaining to 2024 for different segment in major Latin American countries. The research methodology adopted to estimate the market size encompasses:
- The industry’s market size and rate of adoption of 3D Printing technology in Latin America in terms of value (US$)
- All percentage shares, splits, and breakdowns of market segments and sub-segments
- Key players across different technologies and markets as well as market share of each player. Also, the growth strategies adopted by these players to compete in the rapidly growing Latin American 3D Printing market
Market Size and Share Validation
Primary Research: In-depth interviews were conducted with the Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) including Top Level Executives (CXO/VPs, Sales Head, Marketing Head, Operational Head, and Regional Head etc.). Primary research findings were summarized, and statistical analysis was performed to prove the stated hypothesis. Input from primary research were consolidated with secondary findings, hence turning information into actionable insights.
Split of Primary Participants
Data triangulation technique was employed to complete the overall market engineering process and to arrive at precise statistical numbers of each segment and sub-segment pertaining to the Latin American 3D Printing market. Data was split into several segments & sub-segments post studying several parameters and trends.
Main objective of the Latin America 3D Printing Market Study
The current & future market trends of the Latin American 3D Printing are pinpointed in the study. Investors can gain strategic insights to base their discretion for investments from the qualitative and quantitative analysis performed in the study. Current and future market trends would determine the overall attractiveness of the market, providing a platform for the industrial participant to exploit the untapped market to benefit as first mover advantage. Other quantitative goal of the studies includes:
- Analyse the current and forecast market size of the Latin American 3D Printing market in terms of value (US$)
- Analyse the current and forecast market size of different segments and sub-segments of the Latin American 3D Printing market. Segments in the study include component, technology, application and end-user
- Define and describe the technologies and protocols used in the 3D Printing
- Anticipate potential risk present within the industry along with analysing the customer and competitor in the market
- Define and analysis of the government regulations for the 3D Printing in major countries in the Latin American region
- Analyse the current and forecast market size of 3D Printing, for countries including Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Rest of Latin America
- Define and analyse the competitive landscape for the Latin American 3D Printing market and the growth strategies adopted by the market players to sustain in the rapidly growing market